From cradle to grave, a (wo)man’s journey is full of ups and downs.
Joys and sorrows, success and failure, acceptance and rejection, tears and smiles – all are the inseparable parts of life.
A person born in this world has to certainly undergo the vicissitudes of life. Almost everyone on earth is well familiar with this fact that the life on earth is not meant for spending on a bed of roses forever.
The road of life is full of thorns, and you need to learn walking through all the ups and downs. Also, the life on earth renders you immense opportunities to live a joyful and meaningful life. As Charlie Chaplin rightly says – “Nothing is permanent in this world, not even your troubles”.
Yes, the life is a mixture of both ups and downs.
However, sometimes the situations in life turn so hostile that it becomes difficult to live.
In such circumstances, the quotes from the eminent people render substantial inspiration to enhance the self-esteem of a person and thus overcome the unfavourable situations in life.
Here are a few inspiring quotes that can illuminate the right path when you are lost in the darkness of the adversities in life:
- “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” -Maxwell Maltz.
- “Where talent is dwarf, self-esteem-is a giant”-John Petit-Senn.
- “To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”– Denis Waitley
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”- William James
- “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”- Carl Gustav Jung
- You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.”- Yogi Bhajan
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”- Benjamin Spock
- “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” Hindu Proverb
- “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.”- Sally Field
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.”- Malcolm S. Forbes
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” -Louise L. Hay
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others”. -Parker Palmer
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”- Lucille Ball
Whenever you land into any kind of invincibly adverse and hostile situations, the self-esteem quotes can be quite inspiring to drive through the rough road of life.
Oftentimes, these quotes also prove to be the answers to the questions in arising in mind under certain circumstances.
They provide guidance and encouragement to fight against the odds of life. Though these quotes appear to be short and simple, they contain immeasurably deep insight.
They function like the lighthouse showing the way to the port to the crews wandering around in the darkest seas.